SPE Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa
JPT: President's Column
2018 SPE President
Did you know that fracturing is not permitted in parts of the Middle East? And it has been that way for a long time.
Read the President's Column in JPT.
SPE Europe Ltd.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers Europe Ltd. is a not-for-profit, charitable organization devoted to the safe and efficient exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas resources for the benefit of all humans. SPE Europe is one of the entities of Society of Petroleum Engineers, Inc., organized under the laws of Texas, which is the governing organization for SPE worldwide.
Did you know your SPE membership gives you access to a wide variety of webinars?
Not only can you view live webinars from the comfort of your desk, but you also have access to a library filled with topics that focus on industry relevant materials. With the downturn and training budgets being reduced, webinars are a prime resource for keeping up with industry trends and new emerging technologies.
More Remote Learning Options
SPE also offers online training courses, with a reduced rate for members, making it easy for members to learn while at the office.
Save the Date - Norway One Day Seminar
The 2018 SPE Norway One Day Seminar will take place on 18 April 2018 under the theme ‘Changing Industry Context – Challenges and Opportunities within Drilling, Reservoir Management, and Production.' Join us for an insightful day with a streamlined format, including two-panel sessions composed of high-level industry representatives. Register now.
Behind Every Winner is a Great Nomination
SPE is accepting nominations for outstanding work in the E&P industry. Take this opportunity to help your dedicated colleagues get the recognition they deserve. Visit the Awards page for more information.
International Awards Deadline: 15 February 2018
Regional Awards Deadline: 1 March 2018
Distinguished Lecturer Program–Call for Nominations
Have you seen an exciting lecture on a topic relevant to the E&P industry?
Help us identify the best lecturers for the 2019–20 season by nominating a colleague today. Submit your nomination by 15 March 2018.
SPE Workshop: Sour Gas Injection into Carbonate Reservoirs
13 - 14 March 2018 | Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Sour Gas Injection into Carbonate Reservoirs workshop is a platform for discussing the latest applications of sour gas injection into carbonate reservoirs. This workshop will focus on subsurface aspects and cover topics such as carbonate reservoir characterisation, modeling methods, reservoir surveillance tools to improve understanding of reservoir performance, and the prediction of gas injection performance.
Learn more about this workshop.
You Should Attend Section Networking Events
Have you looked into the different networking events being hosted by your section? If not, you are missing out on a great part of your membership! Learn why networking is one of the best ways for business and personal development.
- Dar Es Salaam
- Great Yarmouth Petroleum
- Netherlands - The Hague
- Northern Norway
- Tel Aviv
- Vienna Basin
- AGH University of Science and Technology
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University
- American University of Nigeria
- Coventry University
- Delft University of Technology
- Freiberg U of Mining & Technology
- Heriot-Watt University
- IFP-Ecole Nat Sup du Petr & des Moteurs
- Imperial College of Sci & Tech/Royal School of Min...
- Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL)
- Istanbul Technical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical U of Oil & Gas
- Ivano-Frankivsk Technical University of Oil & Gas
- Kenyatta University
- London South Bank University
- Middle East Technical U (METU), Cyprus
- Mines Paris Tech
- Mining University of Leoben
- Mustafa Kemal University
- Nigerian Nile Turkish University
- NTNU/U of Trondheim
- Politecnico di Torino
- RWTH Aachen University Chapter
- Stavanger University
- Technical University of Berlin
- Technical University of Denmark
- The Robert Gordon University
- U. Petro-Gaze, Ploiesta, Romania
- Universita di Bologna
- Universite de Pau et des Pays de I'Adour
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bergen-Bergen U College
- University of Bucharest
- University of Clausthal
- University of Dundee
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Miskolc
- University of Oslo
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Zagreb
- Utrecht University
- Vrije University Amsterdam
- Benin City Nigeria
- Lagos Nigeria
- Port Harcourt Nigeria
- Southern Africa
- Warri Nigeria
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
- African University of Science and Technology
- Anambra State University
- Augustino Neto University
- Covenant University
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Delta State University, Oleh
- Enugu State University
- Federal University of Technology (FUTO)
- Igbinedion University
- Institute of Management & Technology (IMT)
- Kwame Nkrumah U of Science & Technology (KNUST)
- Kyambogo University
- Lagos State University
- Niger Delta University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Petroleum Training Institute (PTI)
- Regional Maritime Academy
- Rivers State U of Science & Technology (RSUST)
- University of Benin
- University of BUEA
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Western Cape University/University of Stellenbosch
First Floor, Threeways House
40/44 Clipstone Street,
London W1W 5DW UK
Hours: 0900 to 1700 (GMT+1) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.
Society of Petroleum Engineers Europe Limited is a private company holding charitable status that is registered in England and Wales: No. 2778741. Registered office: 1st Floor, Threeways House, 40/44 Clipstone Street, London W1W 5DW, UK. A list of Group company members is available from our registered office.