About this Workshop
Two days of informal discussions prompted by selected keynote presentations and discussions. Workshops maximise the exchange of ideas among attendees and presenters through brief technical presentations followed by extended Q&A periods. Focused topics attract an informed audience eager to discuss issues critical to advancing both technology and best practices. The majority of the presentations are in the form of case studies, highlighting engineering achievements, and lessons learnt. In order to stimulate frank discussion, no proceedings are published and the press is not invited to attend.
- Proceedings will not be published; therefore, formal papers and handouts are not expected from speakers.
- Work in progress, new ideas, and interesting projects are sought.
- Professionally-prepared visual aids are not required; handwritten view graphs are entirely acceptable.
- Note-taking by participants is encouraged.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Steering Committee encourages attendance from those who can contribute to the workshop most effectively either in discussions or with posters. A mix of attendees in terms of geographic origin, companies, and disciplines will be encouraged.
- The Steering Committee will appoint a “scribe” to record the discussions and to produce the full workshop report for SPE.
- This report will be circulated to all attendees as the workshop deliverable within 4–6 weeks following the workshop. The copyright of the report is with SPE.
- PowerPoint presentation materials will be posted on a specific SPE URL address after the workshop. Provision of the materials by the speakers will signify their permission for SPE to do so.
In keeping with workshop objectives and the SPE mission, commercialism in posters or presentations will not be permitted. Company logos must be limited to the title slide and used only to indicate the affiliation of the presenter and others involved in the work.
All attendees will receive an attendance certificate attesting to their participation in the workshop. This certificate will be provided in exchange for a completed Workshop Questionnaire.
Continuing Education Units
Attendees at this workshop qualify for SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU) at the rate of 0.1 CEU per hour of the workshop.