Travel and Accommodations
Official Workshop Hotel
JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
Av. Atlântica, 2600
Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 220041-001
Accommodations are not included in the registration fee.
SPE has appointed Follow Up Turismo & Eventos to assist with hotel accommodations and airport transportation. To ensure your housing space, we encourage you to book your hotel rooms in advance.
The negotiated rate for the SPE Workshop is R$ 550 (Reais - Brazilian currency), plus taxes per night, and includes breakfast and wi-fi in sleeping rooms. Rates at the hotel are offered three (3) days before and after the workshop, based on availability. The attendee rate is guaranteed until 19 May. After 19 May, hotel reservations will be subject to availability at the prevailing rates.
The hotel concierge can help you schedule your appointment for an Antigen or a PCR test and print your results.
- Tests are taken between 0800 and 1430 hours at the hotel.
- On your scheduled appointment a nurse will conduct the test at the hotel and will collect the payment via credit card or cash.
Some airlines have partnered with testing providers to offer packable test kits, proctor testing, etc. i.e American Airlines. Check your destination entry requirements for the most up-to-date information.
Proof of Vaccination
Per Decree No. 49335, as from September 15, 2021, proof of vaccination against COVID-19, as a measure of exceptional health interest, is a condition to access any indoor events in Rio de Janeiro. We will continue to update attendees should this requirements change.
Following this decree, during the onsite check-in process all workshop attendees will be asked to:
- Provide proof of vaccination - both digital vaccine certificates and printed booklet/card are acceptable
- Sign a form provided by the hotel for compliance.
At the hotel
- Registration will be limited to allow for social distance in the meeting room. Chairs will be placed six feet apart from each other to promote physical distancing between attendees.
- The hotel venue requires all guests to wear masks while indoors.
Attendees from countries that require a US visa for entry are reminded that the process of obtaining a visa may take several months. Create an official SPE invitation letter that you can print and use in obtaining a visa. Please note that this letter does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa, nor does it commit SPE to assist you in obtaining a visa.
SPE has arranged a room block at the JW Marriott Hotel in Rio de Janeiro to save you time and money. As a result, SPE is able to increase attendee benefits to provide a great experience, while keeping expenses low. Revenue from this event will be invested back into SPE and will support many other Society programs. Through your attendance, you help provide even more opportunities for industry professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence. Thank you for your support!