Technical Section Programming Ideas
As global professional technical groups, SPE technical section members benefit from a number of programs available to participate in. Provided are a few examples of these activities.
- Nominate candidates for Regional and International Awards.
- Work with geographic section officers in proposing discussion topics and inviting subject matter experts to speak at a section meeting.
- Nominate candidates for Distinguished Lecturers.
- Serve as mentors to share industry insights and career advice with young professionals or students.
- Submit topic proposals for forums, symposia and workshops.
- Serve as resource for SPE staff (identify speakers, program committee members).
- Contact your SPE staff liaison to volunteer or serve in program committee.
Volunteer to write or contribute to an article.
- Review SPE program offerings (webinars, training courses, OnePetro) and “bundle” into a relevant topic curriculum.
- Upload the curriculum “bundle” to SPEConnect library.
- Post discussion to alert members about its availability.
- Alert staff of new product so it may be marketed more effectively.
Search for topic-relevant papers and presentations from various societies, all in one place.
- Review and submit relevant content.
- Volunteer to serve as a PetroWiki “champion” to review submitted content and ensure pages are approved for users.
- Serve as technical resource to SPE staff on programs, events, books development, etc.
- Write and submit abstracts to ATCE (or other SPE conferences) paper sessions.
- Contact your SPE staff liaison to volunteer or serve on a program committee.
- Collaborate on technical section events (dinners, topical luncheons, receptions, symposia):
- Submit topics.
- Identify or serve as a keynote speaker or panelist.
- Identify or sponsor a technical section dinner, reception, or symposium.
- Participate in planning and organizing event.
- Participate in a Technical Program.
- Contact your staff liaison to volunteer or serve on a program committee.
- Propose a Special Session.
- Submit a special session submission form.
Contact your technical section’s online webmaster to volunteer to assist with technical section moderator duties:
- Start a discussion.
- Keep discussions going by responding and contributing to discussion threads.
- Submit technical content and/or moderate discussions to ensure they meet with code of conduct and technical quality.
- Create group of content contributors and formulate a schedule for moderators to follow.
- Join this group of dedicated members who give their time to SPE. Search volunteer opportunities and share your volunteer experiences and stories.
- View, propose and /or write technical reports.
- Submit proposals for training and development courses.
- Conduct a training course.
- Submit a proposal for a webinar.
- Collaborate with YP members in your technical section.
- Write articles for The Way Ahead
- Serve as speaker at section YP events.
- Provide technical advice to YPs.