SPE awards recognize members for their technical contributions, professional excellence, career achievement, service to colleagues, industry leadership, and public service.
SPE is no longer accepting international award nominations.
International awards recognize individuals who make significant technical and professional contributions to the petroleum engineering profession and to the worldwide oil and gas industry. Go to https://petrowiki.spe.org/Taxonomy to learn about technical taxonomy. Review the SPE International Awards Nomination Form Worksheet (pdf) for more information.
Award recipients are announced in July, posted on the SPE website, and published in the Journal of Petroleum Technology. The awards are presented during ATCE.
- Honorary Membership
- Distinguished Membership
- Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal for Technical Leadership
- John Franklin Carll Award for Distinguished Professionals
- Lester C. Uren Award for Technical Excellence
- DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
- Charles F. Rand Memorial Gold Medal
- Robert Earll McConnell Award
- Stephen A. Holditch Visionary Leadership Award
- Giovanni Paccaloni Young Professional Service Award
- Completions Optimization and Technology Award
- Data Science and Engineering Analytics Award
- Drilling Engineering Award
- Formation Evaluation Award
- Health, Safety, and Environment Award
- Production and Operations Award
- Management Award
- Projects, Facilities and Construction Award
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics Award
- Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award
- Cedric K. Ferguson Medal for Young Member Technical Authors
Nomination Deadline: 1 March 2021
Regional awards recognize members who contribute exceptional service and leadership within SPE, as well as making significant professional contributions within their technical disciplines at the SPE regional level.
Awards are presented at the appropriate SPE region or SPE section meeting. Go to https://petrowiki.spe.org/Taxonomy to learn about technical taxonomy. Review the step-by-step process for Regional Award nominations.