Emerging knowledge and resources on prevailing energy topics from SPE industry experts, curated exclusively for SPE members
SPE is firmly focused on the future of our industry. Here, our member experts focus on geothermal connections and opportunities in the industry. Join in the discussion of new technologies, challenges and opportunities, the latest news and developments, and resources to grow your knowledge.
Discussing New Technologies and Opportunities
Latest Geothermal News: Journal of Petroleum Technology
16 November 2022
The oilfield service giant has identified the nation's potential geothermal sweet spots after analyzing data from more than 7,000 wells.
26 September 2022
Geothermal energy has the potential to play a significant role in Japan's energy transition.
09 September 2022
The Biden administration seeks to cut the cost of enhanced geothermal systems by 90% by 2035.
14 July 2022
Using CO2 as the geothermal power fluid to generate electricity from low-temperature abandoned hydrocarbon wells can help reduce well costs and optimize energy production. In this paper, a previously developed coupled well/reservoir model is extended to study the effects of fluid properties on thermal output.
07 June 2022
Hitting the next well during fracturing happens all the time. Predictably doing that on a large scale in granite looks a lot harder.
- Advancing Geothermal Energy Exploration
- Offshore Co-Produced Critical Minerals and Geothermal Energy Generation
- Geothermal Production from Existing Oil and Gas Wells: A Sustainable Repurposing Model
- Geothermal Energy Basics / Education for a Sustainable Future
- Repurposing Oil & Gas Wells and Drilling Operations for Geothermal Energy Production
- Key Complex Process Couplings and Challenges in the Effective Recovery of Deep Geothermal Energy
- DEEP Geothermal Energy: A Geomechanical View
- Repurposing End-of-Life Wells for Geothermal Energy Production: An Evaluation of Mississippi Wells
- Harvesting Geothermal Energy from Produced Reservoir Fluids Eliminates CO2 Emission from Production Facility Operations
Continue the Discussion
Join your colleagues on the SPE Connect Geothermal Discussion Group
Find more resources in the Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability technical discipline community