Emerging knowledge and resources on prevailing energy topics from SPE industry experts, curated exclusively for SPE members
SPE is firmly focused on the future of our industry. Here, our member experts focus on methane emissions, management and the goals of net zero. Join in the discussion of new technologies, challenges and opportunities, the latest news and developments, and resources to grow your knowledge.
Latest Methane News: Journal of Petroleum Technology
23 November 2022
The Biden administration has ramped up efforts to reduce methane emissions, targeting the oil and gas industry for its role in global warming even as President Joe Biden has pressed energy producers for more oil drilling to lower prices at the gasoline pump.
14 November 2022
The new Methane Alert and Response System initiative aims to scale up global efforts to detect and act on major emission sources in a transparent manner and accelerate implementation of the UN’s Global Methane Pledge. The system is designed to alert governments, companies, and operators about large methane sources to aid rapid mitigation.
08 November 2022
A multidisciplinary team of UCLA scientists and health care practitioners will conduct the health study, which will consist of five components—a health and health care use assessment, exposure assessment, community engagement, data management and statistical analysis, and overall program administration.
26 October 2022
Built to help scientists understand how dust affects climate, the Earth Surface Mineral Dust Source Investigation can also pinpoint emissions of the potent greenhouse gas.
25 October 2022
The company says its methane intensity has gone down by more than 50% since 2016.
Biogas Picks Up Steam as Major Oil and Gas Companies Invest More Than $4 Billion Combined in Pair of Projects
18 October 2022
A duo of deals sees BP snapping up a US biogas producer, while TC Energy invests in producing biogas from Jack Daniel's byproducts.
- Development of Methods for Top-Down Methane Emission Measurements of Oil and Gas Facilities in an Offshore Environment Using a Miniature Methane Spectrometer and Long-Endurance UAS
- Application of Long Endurance UAS for Top-Down Methane Emission Measurements of Oil and Gas Facilities in an Offshore Environment
- Strategy Optimization and Technology Evaluation for Oil and Gas Methane Emission Detection
- How Effective LDAR Campaigns Contribute to Minimizing Methane Emissions
- Our Industry's Journey in Measuring Methane Emissions and Where We're Going from Here
- Monitoring of Methane Emissions in Oil and Gas from Space: Matching Needs with Satellite System Capability, and Advantages of High Resolution Monitoring
- Ubiquitous Sensing Network for Continuous Monitoring and Quantification of Methane Emissions
- From Data to Actionable Insight: Monitoring Fugitive Methane Emissions at Oil and Gas Facilities Using Satellites
- Long Term, Periodic Aerial Surveys Cost Effectively Mitigate Methane Emissions
Continue the Discussion
Join your colleagues on the SPE Connect Methane Discussion Group
Find more resources in the Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability technical discipline community