Emerging knowledge and resources on prevailing energy topics from SPE industry experts, curated exclusively for SPE members
SPE is firmly focused on the future of our industry. Here, our member experts contribute articles, videos, and podcasts on process safety. Join in the discussion of new technologies, challenges and opportunities, the latest news and developments, and opportunities to grow your knowledge.
Latest Process Safety News: Journal of Petroleum Technology
An incident at Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) resulted in an investigation that revealed that, even though required risk-reduction levels were achieved in design, the rest of the safety instrumentation life cycle phases were not rigorously adhered to. This paper presents various actions taken by PDO to make sure that what is designed is operated and maintained as intended.
The International Association of Oil and Gas Producers developed its Process Safety Fundamentals report to support companies as they seek to reduce, and ultimately eliminate, severe and fatal process-safety events.
The IOGP Safety Committee has conducted a multiyear strategic project to focus on fatality prevention, known as Project Safira, which addresses transportation safety, personal safety, and process safety. This paper presents data-analysis work conducted on process safety and the associated learnings.
This paper provides an overview of the company’s journey toward preventing significant process-safety incidents. Each step involved in this journey plays a key part. By focusing the improvement of the process on individual steps, the overall learning process has improved significantly.
In process industries, major accidents can result in numerous severe injuries or fatalities. This study reviews the broken human factors and barriers leading to these events and highlights key aspects of a technological-risk-assessment processes.
This paper explains how an ultradeepwater drilling contractor is applying real-time analytics and machine learning to leverage its real-time operations center to improve process safety and performance.
- Effective Barrier Risk Management in Process Safety Utilizing the Bow Tie Methodology
- Innovative Process Safety Solutions For Optimizations of Offshore Platforms - EPC Contractor’s Experience
- Process Safety in Contaminated Groundwater Treatment Plants
- Managing Process Safety in a Decommissioning Project
- Experience of Introducing PSER Indicators as a Tool to Manage Process Safety (Russian)
- Safety Performance Trends in the Oil & Gas Industry in Latin America
- Real Time Data Analytics for Process Safety Governance-Case Study
- Do the Right Thing at Right Time KOC Way of Integrating Process Safety into Process Related Facility Projects
- Role of Culture, Processes and Systems for Safe Operations in Upstream Sector
- Shift Handover: A Key Link to Process Safety and Operation Integrity
- Process Safety - Learning from Upstream Event Data
- Verifying Process Safety Requirements: Similarities Between Aerospace and Oil & Gas Industries
Continue the Discussion
Join your colleagues on the SPE Connect HSE discussion boards
Find more resources in the Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability technical discipline community