Emerging knowledge and resources on prevailing energy topics from SPE industry experts, curated exclusively for SPE members
SPE Reservoir Characterisation and Simulation Conference and Exhibition
24-26 Jan 2023
call for papers deadline 29 Jul 2022
SPE is firmly focused on the future of our industry. From examining new technologies in reservoir simulation to understanding fundamentals and advanced analysis, join in the discussion of challenges and opportunities, the latest news and developments, and opportunities to grow your knowledge.
Discussing New Technologies and Opportunities
Reservoir Simulation News
The paper describes an approach to history matching and forecasting that does not require a reservoir simulation model, is data driven, and includes a physics model based on material balance.
This paper presents a physics-informed neural network technique able to use information from fluid-flow physics as well as observed data to model the Buckley-Leverett problem.
Whether it be Derrick Turk asking us to “resist the temptation to accrue vocabulary rather than understanding” or Mark Bentley telling us that “if you can sketch it you can model it,” there does seem to be a growing pushback against the notions that the modeling/simulation process can be successfully shrink-wrapped and that fundamental understanding is increasingly a legacy requirement.
This paper evaluates learnings from the past 30 years of methods that aim to quantify the uncertainty in the subsurface using multiple realizations, describing major challenges and outlining potential ways to overcome them.
Schlumberger announced that ConocoPhillips will use its DELFI platform to move its data to the cloud.
This paper introduces methods to fully couple reservoir simulation with wellbore flow models in fractured injection wells.
- Application of 3D Geomechanics Modeling to Enhance Reservoir Simulation Model Forecast in Terrigenous Fractured Reservoir
- Optimizing Well Spacing and Fracture Design Using Advanced Multi-Stage Fracture Modeling and Discrete Fractured Reservoir Simulation in Tight Oil Reservoir
- Unlocking Unconventional Reservoir with a Fully Integrated Reservoir Simulation
- Reservoir Simulation of CO2 Sequestration in Shale Reservoir
- Technology Focus: Hydraulic Fracturing Modeling
- Enhancing Optimization of Reservoir Simulation Processes in Next-Generation Reservoir Simulators
- Simulation of Radio Frequency Heating of Heavy Oil Reservoir Using Multi-Physics Coupling of Reservoir Simulation with Electromagnetic Solver
- Large Scale Reservoir Simulation Models for Regional Understanding of Inter-Field Communications - A Case Study Offshore Abu Dhabi
- A Case Study on Compositional Reservoir Simulation for a Large Tight Reservoir: A Detailed Road Map from Initialization and History Match to Prediction Simulation