Support SPE Programs
The Permanent Fund
The purpose of the Permanent Fund is to support SPE programs as designated by the SPE Foundation Board of Trustees. Through this fund, the Foundation supports or sponsors such programs as:
- SPE Live
- Additional Virtual Initiatives
The Distinguished Lecturer Program extends the knowledge and experience of some of the industry’s top experts by making available to every SPE section up to three lectures per year.
- 30+ experts, selected by a rigorous peer-review process, share their expertise with industry professionals.
- Through more than 550 presentations each year, these experts address current technical topics, answer countless questions, and advance technology on all fronts.
Today’s students are tomorrow’s professionals. They are the future and that is why the SPE Foundation supports students with scholarships, including:
- Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship
- Nico van Wingen Memorial Graduate Fellowship
- Imomoh Scholarship
- Donald G. Russell Scholarship
In addition, the SPE Foundation supports the following programs:
- Student Paper Contests
- Ambassador Lecturer Program, in which young professionals talk to student chapters about the transition into the industry
- Special Student Sessions, events just for students at select SPE conferences
The SPE Foundation helps fund materials for teachers, teacher-and-student workshops, and the Energy4me website. Launched by SPE in 2007, the Energy4me program primarily focuses on:
- Providing factual information for use in the classroom, and outside schools in the hands of professional members globally in multiple languages
- Educating the public about energy and putting a face on the industry
- Spreading the word about energy conservation, the future of the oil and gas industry and its effect on the planet