SPE Strategic Planning Updates
The SPE Board of Directors and leadership are undertaking reviewing and updating the SPE Strategic Plan.
This is a periodical exercise to define the strategic goals that will allow us to better meet member expectations and industry needs in the next 3-5 years.
The was developed in 2017/2018 on the heels of three very difficult years for the industry, our members, academia, and SPE.
Since that time, the industry has experienced even more hardship and changes like never before and the world we live in is not the same. The updated SPE Strategic Plan needs to take these issues into consideration and give SPE a solid foundation for the future to best serve our members’ needs, using a financially sustainable model.
Over the next several months, we will be working on this updated plan and gathering feedback from members. To gain insight and start conversations about SPE’s future, we launched a SPE Connect Community called Strategic Plan Discussion to help facilitate open discussion.
To kick the community off, I am asking members to contribute to the development of the new (updated) SPE Strategic Plan. SPE staff will post questions bi-weekly through mid-September to gain insights to how members see the future of our society developing over the next 3-5 years.
I am looking forward to some great discussions
- Kamel Ben-Naceur, SPE 2022 President
Read more in the President's Column: Updating the SPE Business Model
Strategic Plan Process
DATA COLLECTION AND RESEARCH
- One-on-One virtual interviews with members, past presidents, advisory councils, and industry leaders - June and July
- Map current business model - August
- Virtual focus groups with young professionals, students and other groups - August and September
- Member feedback through SPE Connect General Discussion community - July-September
- Online survey for the membership - August-September
- Strategic sessions with the SPE Board and senior staff virtually and in person culminating with the July board meeting - July
- Working sessions with the board and senior staff to develop strategic plan elements: goals, objectives, and strategies - late September/early October
- Developing new business models - tbd
IMPLEMENTATION and ACTION PLANNING
- Prepare written report of action plans and metrics (performance measurements) supporting the strategic plan - late October/early November