SPE Strategic Plan
2023 STRATEGIC PLAN: ENVISIONING THE FUTURE OF SPE
The main values of SPE are providing our members with the latest advancements in all petroleum engineering technical disciplines and enabling professional development throughout their careers from university days until retirement.
How this is achieved through the programs and services SPE offers to members evolves with the industry and technology. That necessitates that the SPE Board of Directors updates our strategic plan as needed.
The latest exercise to that effect occurred during the last few months of 2022, and the final version was approved during the SPE Board meeting in January 2023.
This revised plan focuses on Envisioning the Future of SPE to address member-reported priorities around
- Concern for attracting and preparing a next-generation workforce
- Energy transition and our place in it
- Industry reputation and public perception
- Technology development in oil and gas (including sustainable technologies)
- Challenges in maximizing oil and gas production and recovery.
The next steps for the board and leadership will be to create an implementation and communication plan. Further developments will be provided through SPE.org, JPT, SPE Live, and in the President's monthly column.