Completions Optimization and Technology Award
The Completions Optimization and Technology Award of the Society of Petroleum Engineers recognizes outstanding achievement or contributions to the advancement of petroleum engineering in the area of completions optimization and technology.
2021 - Martin Rylance
2020 - William David Norman
2018 - C. Mark Pearson
2017 - D.V. Satya Gupta
2016 - Ding Zhu
2015 - Mehmet Parlar
2014 - Jennifer Miskimins
2013 - Craig L. Cipolla
2012 - Hazim H. Abass
2011 - David D. Cramer
2010 - Gerald Coulter
2009 - Joseph A. Ayoub
Must be a living member of SPE.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal.
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Completions Optimization and Technology award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Go HERE to the nomination form. Or cut and paste the URL: https://spe-awards.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home.
- Search for and select your candidate.
- Complete all required fields.
- At least 1 letter of support is required. You may request up to 6
- A CV/resume is required. Your candidate will receive an email requesting a CV/resume.
- Submit the nomination before the deadline. Draft nominations will not be judged.
- Submitted nominations will remain active for:
- International – 3 years
- Regional – 1 year
About the Discipline
This technical discipline includes:
- tubing and casing design
- completion equipment
- formation isolation
- hydraulic fracturing
- completions monitoring and optimization
- completions evaluation including logging, imaging, wellbore seismic and fundamental research in completions
- completion design and planning
- completion installation
- sand control
- horizontal/multilateral well completions
- permanent monitoring
- intelligent completions and completion equipment.