Completions Optimization and Technology Award
The Completions Optimization and Technology Award of the Society of Petroleum Engineers recognizes outstanding achievement or contributions to the advancement of petroleum engineering in the area of completions optimization and technology. This technical discipline covers tubing and casing design, completion equipment, formation isolation, hydraulic fracturing and gravel packing, sand control, acidizing, completions monitoring and optimization, completions evaluation including logging, imaging, and wellbore seismic and fundamental research in completions.View past recipients.
The conditions of eligibility for the award are as follows:
- Any professional member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers in good standing shall be eligible to receive the award.
- Deceased members may not be nominated for SPE Awards. If a previously nominated candidate dies after 1 January in the year of presentation, and if duly selected for the award, the presentation shall be made posthumously in accordance with special procedures to be prescribed by the SPE Board of Directors. Posthumous award presentations are otherwise prohibited.
- No recipient of SPE Honorary Membership, the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal and the Charles F. Rand Memorial Gold Medal shall be eligible to receive the award.
- No recipient of the Management and Information Award shall be eligible to receive the award.
- No officer or member of the International Board of Directors of the Society shall be eligible to receive the Award during and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the Board.
- No member of the award selection committee shall be eligible to receive the Award while serving as a member of the award committee and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the committee.
- The award may only be presented to an individual for truly outstanding achievement.
- Past recipients of the award are ineligible to receive it a second time.
- Self-nominated candidates are not eligible.