Completions Optimization and Technology Award
The Completions Optimization and Technology Award of the Society of Petroleum Engineers recognizes outstanding achievement or contributions to the advancement of petroleum engineering in the area of completions optimization and technology.
Must be a living member of SPE or a group, the lead of which is an SPE member.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal.
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Completions Optimization and Technology award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Collaborate with colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination.
All information about the candidate and their qualifications for the award must be included on the online nomination form. Candidates will be sent an email requesting a CV/resume when you submit the nomination. Nominations and letters of recommendation are confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years. If a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, you can nominate them again if all other eligibility requirements are met.
About the Discipline
This technical discipline includes:
- tubing and casing design
- completion equipment
- formation isolation
- hydraulic fracturing
- completions monitoring and optimization
- completions evaluation including logging, imaging, wellbore seismicand fundamental research in completions
- completion design and planning
- completion installation
- sand control
- horizontal/multilateral well completions
- permanent monitoring
- intelligent completions and completion equipment.