Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty
The Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty, established in 1981, recognizes superior teaching, excellence in research, significant contributions to the petroleum engineering profession, and/or special effectiveness in advising and guiding students.View past recipients.
The conditions of eligibility for the award are as follows:
- Any professional member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers in good standing shall be eligible to receive the award.
- Deceased members may not be nominated for SPE Awards. If a previously nominated candidate dies after 1 January in the year of presentation, and if duly selected for the award, the presentation shall be made posthumously in accordance with special procedures to be prescribed by the SPE Board of Directors. Posthumous award presentations are otherwise prohibited.
- No officer or member of the International Board of Directors of the Society shall be eligible to receive the Award during and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the Board.
- No member of the award selection committee shall be eligible to receive the Award while serving as a member of the award committee and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the committee.
- No recipient of SPE Honorary Membership shall be eligible to receive the award.
- The award may only be presented to an individual for truly outstanding achievement.
- Self-nominated candidates are not eligible.
- Past recipients of the award are ineligible to receive it a second time.