The SPE Management Award recognizes outstanding achievements in or contributions to the advancement of management in the industry. This award was formerly known as the Management and Information Award, which has been retired.
2021 - Mohammad A. Mian
2020 - Sushma Bhan
2019 - Jim Crompton
2018 - Pierre Delfiner
2017 - Reidar Bratvold
2016 - Stephen H. Begg
2015 - Art J. Schroeder, Jr.
2014 - Saeed Al-Mubarak
2013 - Andrei S. Popa
2012 - William J. Haskett
2011 - Donald L. Paul
2010 - Joseph L. Anders
2009 - Mehrzad Mahdavi
2008 - J. Roger Hite
2007 - David A. Archer
2006 - Richard Albert Startzman
2005 - T. Scott Hickman
2004 - Amiel David
2003 - James G. Ross
2002 - Claude McMichael
2001 - Billy P. Huddleston
2000 - Robert H. Caldwell
1999 - Edgar C. Capen
1998 - James A. Murtha
1997 - Jerol M. Sonosky
1996 - Juan Antonio Rosbaco
1995 - Forrest A. Garb
1994 - Robert S. Thompson
Must be a living member of SPE.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal.
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Management award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Go HERE to the nomination form. Or cut and paste the URL: https://spe-awards.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home.
- Search for and select your candidate.
- Complete all required fields.
- At least 1 letter of support is required. You may request up to 6.
- A CV/resume is required. Your candidate will receive an email requesting a CV/resume.
- Submit the nomination before the deadline. Draft nominations will not be judged.
- Submitted nominations will remain active for:
- International – 3 years
- Regional – 1 year
About the Technical Discipline
This technical discipline includes:
- Asset and Portfolio Management
- Risk Management and Decision-Making
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Energy Economics
- Professionalism, Training, and Education