Projects, Facilities and Construction Award
The Projects, Facilities, and Construction Award of the Society of Petroleum Engineers recognizes outstanding achievement or contributions to the advancement of petroleum engineering in the area of facilities and construction. This technical discipline includes: process systems and equipment; gas utilization; measurement and control; electrical systems; pipelines and pipeline design; materials and corrosion; solids handling and control; platforms and floating systems; subsea systems; facilities operations; facilities and construction project management.View past recipients.
The conditions of eligibility for the award are as follows:
- Any professional member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers in good standing shall be eligible to receive the award.
- Deceased members may not be nominated for SPE Awards. If a previously nominated candidate dies after 1 January in the year of presentation, and if duly selected for the award, the presentation shall be made posthumously in accordance with special procedures to be prescribed by the SPE Board of Directors. Posthumous award presentations are otherwise prohibited.
- No recipient of SPE Honorary Membership, the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal shall be eligible to receive the award.
- No officer or member of the International Board of Directors of the Society shall be eligible to receive the Award during and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the Board.
- No member of the award selection committee shall be eligible to receive the Award while serving as a member of the award committee and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the committee.
- The award may only be presented to an individual for truly outstanding technical achievement.
- Past recipients of the award are ineligible to receive it a second time.
- Self-nominated candidates are not eligible.