Public Service Award
The Public Service Award recognizes distinguished service to country, state, community, or public, with respect to local custom and considering the different cultural perceptions of public service, through excellence in leadership, service, or humanitarianism, provided the service is over and above requirements of employment.View past recipients.
The conditions of eligibility for the award are as follows:
- Any professional member in good standing of the Society of Petroleum Engineers shall be eligible to receive the award.
- Deceased members may not be nominated for SPE Awards. If a previously nominated candidate dies after 1 January in the year of presentation, and if duly selected for the award, the presentation shall be made posthumously in accordance with special procedures to be prescribed by the SPE Board of Directors. Posthumous award presentations are otherwise prohibited.
- No officer or member of the International Board of Directors of the Society shall be eligible to receive the Award during and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his term of service on the Board.
- No member of the award selection committee shall be eligible to receive the Award while serving as a member of the award committee and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the committee.
- No recipient of SPE Honorary Membership shall be eligible to receive the award.
- The award may only be presented to an individual for truly outstanding achievement.
- Past recipients of the award are ineligible to receive it a second time.
- Self-nominated candidates are not eligible.
- No other limitations shall be placed on a candidate's eligibility for the award.