Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award
The Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award recognizes the outstanding efforts of individuals in the upstream oil and gas industry in promoting and adopting the relatively new concepts of sustainable development.
- Environmental sustainability, including biodiversity, water management, waste to product or energy
- Social sustainability, including societal and community benefits and engagement, environmental justice, human rights, fair transition
- Economic sustainability, including sustainability balance sheet, circular economy
- Best practice and technological innovation, including circular economy, climate change, quantification of impacts and benefits, risk management, integration of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
2021 - Steven L. Bryant
2020 - Kamel Ben Naceur
2019 - Karen E. Olson
Must be a living member of SPE, the lead of which is an SPE member.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal
- If they currently on the SPE Board of Directors, the Sustainability and Stewardship Award Subcommittee, or have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Go HERE to the nomination form. Or cut and paste the URL: https://spe-awards.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home.
- Search for and select your candidate.
- Complete all required fields.
- At least 1 letter of support is required. You may request up to 6.
- A CV/resume is required. Your candidate will receive an email requesting a CV/resume.
- Submit the nomination before the deadline. Draft nominations will not be judged.
- Submitted nominations will remain active for:
- International – 3 years
- Regional – 1 year