15 February 2020
1 March 2020
SPE Awards and Recognition Manager
☎ | +1.972.952.9370
View the full list of 2020 Award Recipients.
Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award
The Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award recognizes the outstanding efforts of individuals in the upstream oil and gas industry in promoting and adopting the relatively new concepts of sustainable development.
- Environmental sustainability, including biodiversity, water management, waste to product or energy
- Social sustainability, including societal and community benefits and engagement, environmental justice, human rights, fair transition
- Economic sustainability, including sustainability balance sheet, circular economy
- Best practice and technological innovation, including circular economy, climate change, quantification of impacts and benefits, risk management, integration of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
2020 - Kamel Ben Naceur
2019 - Karen E. Olson
Must be a living member of SPE, the lead of which is an SPE member.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal
- If they currently on the SPE Board of Directors, the Sustainability and Stewardship Award Subcommittee, or have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Collaborate with colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination.
All information about the candidate and their qualifications for the award must be included on the online nomination form. Candidates will be sent an email requesting a CV/resume when you submit the nomination. Nominations and letters of recommendation are confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years. If a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, you can nominate them again if all other eligibility requirements are met.