Giovanni Paccaloni Young Professional Service Award
The Giovanni Paccaloni Young Professional Service Award of the Society of Petroleum Engineers recognizes both:
- Excellence and leadership in service to the public and the community, with respect to local custom
- Service to the Society of Petroleum Engineers, the profession of petroleum engineering, or the petroleum industry
The conditions of eligibility for the award are as follows:
- Any professional member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers in good standing and under the age of 36 during the year of presentation of the award shall be eligible to receive the award.
- Deceased members may not be nominated for SPE Awards. If a previously nominated candidate dies after 1 January in the year of presentation, and if duly selected for the award, the presentation shall be made posthumously in accordance with special procedures to be prescribed by the SPE Board of Directors. Posthumous award presentations are otherwise prohibited.
- No recipient of SPE Honorary Membership shall be eligible to receive the award.
- No officer or member of the International Board of Directors of the Society shall be eligible to receive the Award during and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the Board.
- No member of the award selection committee shall be eligible to receive the Award while serving as a member of the award committee and for a period of 24 months after the expiration of his or her term of service on the committee.
- The award may only be presented to individuals for truly outstanding achievement primarily in public service.
- Past recipients of the award are ineligible to receive it a second time.
- Self-nominated candidates are not eligible.