Women in Energy Committee
About the Committee
The Women in Energy Committee (WIN) promotes gender diversity in E&P and creates opportunities for women to enable them to step into leadership roles and pursue their career goals.
The committee comprises up to 15 members including a chair, deputy chair, advisor and six focus area leads. Members are appointed for up to three-year terms except for the WIN advisor who may serve up to four years on the WIN committee.
Qualifications and ExperienceCommittee members should have a demonstrated interest in promoting women in leadership roles and encouraging young women to study engineering through their local section or region.
Expected Time Commitment
Based on its global membership, the committee meets monthly via conference call. Focus area chairs are expected to also hold monthly teleconferences with their subcommittees. The group has a special session at ATCE, and committee members are encouraged to attend. Individuals striving to join the committee should be prepared to dedicate 20 hours a month to progressing the work of the committee.
Deliverables and Expectations
All committee members shall be active during their tenure helping to progress WIN’s five initiatives. Committee members provide updates to leadership on a monthly basis. Committee members or a delegate participate in monthly teleconferences to provide updates on their activities.
- Attract women into STEM by leveraging Energy4me efforts in high schools, supporting women in student chapters, and focusing on female engineering students in college
- Create and market women’s programs in SPE building on existing section and region programming
- Promote women leadership in SPE by nominating women for awards, committees, speakers, and encouraging greater participation in leadership positions at the section, regional and international levels
- Connect women in technical/leadership positions, leveraging women’s networks within companies and connections to other associations and groups
- Promote diversity as an industry goal by offering leadership training and links to both SPE resources and outside resources
Contact the Women In Energy committee at GlobalWIN@spe.org or on social media: