SPE Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa
“I want to create conversations not only on the current and future image of our industry and the pride our work deserves, but also in the context of the accountability and responsibility that this pride imposes,” he said. “We can be proud of our contributions and doing the right things - but we bear the responsibility to do things right.”
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Watch the video to find out what our members are saying about the benefits of being an SPE member.
Looking for a place to discuss non-technical topics?
SPE launched its newest online community, Open Forum, sponsored by SPE’s Soft Skills Committee! In this community, you can discuss non-technical topics like leadership and business skills. Look for an email in your inbox today with more information!
Attend the SPE Annual Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition in Kazakhstan
In 2018, the Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition returns to Kazakhstan 31 October - 2 November, with a focus on the changing market conditions that face the oil and gas industry globally and throughout the Caspian region. Local, regional, and international experts will present their knowledge, expertise, and best practices providing the perfect platform for professional development, unique networking, and the opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience among attendees at this petroleum technology conference.
Over 550 oil and gas professionals attended last years' event in Baku, drawing attendees from 21 countries across the globe, including Azerbaijan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and numerous countries outside the Caspian Region. The event saw participation from key industry players including SOCAR, BP, Total, Statoil, ExxonMobil, Tengizchevroil, JSC NC KazMunayGaz, Dragon Oil, Petronas, INPEX, Gazprom Neft PJSC, Novatek, Resman, Roxar, Goldman Sachs, Lukoil, Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes to name a few.
Adeyemi (Yemi) Akinlawon - In Memoriam
SPE Africa Regional Director and a member of the SPE Board of Directors Adeyemi (Yemi) Akinlawon died 12 August. He was a director and consultant petroleum economist at Adeb Konsult in Lagos, Nigeria.
SPE's New Communication Preference Center
The communication preference center is where you can indicate what types of email communications you would like to receive from SPE. We have made these changes to comply with new regulations and to better support SPE’s mission to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge.
Please take a few minutes to login and confirm the correctness of your profile.
- Dar Es Salaam
- Great Yarmouth Petroleum
- Netherlands - The Hague
- Northern Norway
- Tel Aviv
- Vienna Basin
- AGH University of Science and Technology
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University
- American University of Nigeria
- Coventry University
- Delft University of Technology
- Freiberg U of Mining & Technology
- Heriot-Watt University
- IFP-Ecole Nat Sup du Petr & des Moteurs
- Imperial College of Sci & Tech/Royal School of Min...
- Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL)
- Istanbul Technical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical U of Oil & Gas
- Ivano-Frankivsk Technical University of Oil & Gas
- Kenyatta University
- London South Bank University
- Middle East Technical U (METU), Cyprus
- Mines Paris Tech
- Mining University of Leoben
- Mustafa Kemal University
- Nigerian Nile Turkish University
- NTNU/U of Trondheim
- Politecnico di Torino
- RWTH Aachen University Chapter
- Stavanger University
- Technical University of Berlin
- Technical University of Denmark
- The Robert Gordon University
- U. Petro-Gaze, Ploiesta, Romania
- Universita di Bologna
- Universite de Pau et des Pays de I'Adour
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bergen-Bergen U College
- University of Bucharest
- University of Clausthal
- University of Dundee
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Miskolc
- University of Oslo
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Zagreb
- Utrecht University
- Vrije University Amsterdam
- Benin City Nigeria
- Lagos Nigeria
- Port Harcourt Nigeria
- Southern Africa
- Warri Nigeria
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
- African University of Science and Technology
- Anambra State University
- Augustino Neto University
- Covenant University
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Delta State University, Oleh
- Enugu State University
- Federal University of Technology (FUTO)
- Igbinedion University
- Institute of Management & Technology (IMT)
- Kwame Nkrumah U of Science & Technology (KNUST)
- Kyambogo University
- Lagos State University
- Niger Delta University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Petroleum Training Institute (PTI)
- Regional Maritime Academy
- Rivers State U of Science & Technology (RSUST)
- University of Benin
- University of BUEA
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Western Cape University/University of Stellenbosch
Fourth Floor West,
2 America Square,
London EC3N 2LU
Hours: 0900 to 1700 (GMT+1) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.
Society of Petroleum Engineers Europe Limited is a private company holding charitable status that is registered in England and Wales: No. 2778741. Registered office: Fourth Floor West, America House, 2 America Square, London EC3N 2LU, UK. A list of Group company members is available from our registered office.