South America and Caribbean
What Does Sustainability Mean for Oil and Gas?
While oil and gas are finite, not “renewable” resources, they are still crucially important to building a more sustainable world and will play a major role for a very long time, not only for global economic growth but also for global social development and human lifestyle enhancement.
“This year 2018 brought many new changes for our industry, a new focus on optimization and efficiencies gained through technology, innovation, and competency developments required to transform professional skill sets and organizational structures. In 2019, let’s transform ourselves with the knowledge and educational tools that we acquired 2018."
I wish you all the best in 2019, and I encourage you to continue to engage with the SPE community and enjoy the valuable resources that SPE offers.”
Nominate Outstanding E&P Industry Work
SPE is now accepting nominations for outstanding work in the E&P industry. Help nominate your colleagues for the recognition they deserve.
The international awards deadline is 15 February 2019, and the regional awards deadline is 1 March 2019.
Unconventional Gas and Tight Oil Exploration
Buy your copy of this new book today at go.spe.org/bookstore.
Know What You're Worth
Results are in! Download the free 2018 SPE Member Salary Survey Highlight Report.
Need more detail by region, job category, and job function? Order the full report from the SPE Bookstore. A raw data file is also available as a bundle with the report for those wanting to do their own analysis.
Give Your Career a Gift
Take advantage of the reduced professional membership rate of USD 50!*
Renew by 31 December 2018 and continue receiving discounted registration on SPE events, subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology® (JPT), access to OnePetro®, and much more. For questions, contact email@example.com.
*Offer applies to Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Perú, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
SPE Agreements Will Promote Social Responsibility, Sustainability
SPE signed memorandums of understanding with two leading industry associations, enabling closer collaboration on sharing technical knowledge and meeting the world’s energy needs in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
OTC Brasil: The Search for Paper Proposals has Begun
Those who are selected will present their papers at OTC Brasil, 29–31 October 2019 in Rio de Janeiro. And you can extend your influence beyond the conference through inclusion in the multi-society library, OnePetro®, which reaches more than 12,000 users daily.
Together for the First Time: LACPEC and the International HSE Conference
SPE is offering two premier events for the price of one! By co-locating these two conferences, attendees will have access to both technical programs and a shared exhibit floor. Plan to attend these conferences 17–19 March 2020 in Bogotá, Colombia.
Sponsorship opportunities to reach these diverse audiences are now available. Contact us for details.
New JPT Unconventional Insights Newsletter
SPE launches a new monthly newsletter this month featuring the upstream industry’s most authoritative coverage of the unconventionals in the oil and gas sector. It will spotlight the latest trends, technology applications, and critical developments in the most important plays.
Opt In and start receiving the newsletter.
Distinguished Lecturer Nominations Now Open
Do you know someone who is an authority in his or her field and an experienced public speaker? If so, help us identify the best lecturers for your region and discipline for the 2020–21 SPE Distinguished Lecturer season by nominating them for the SPE Distinguished Lecturer program.
The nomination deadline is 15 March 2019.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Continue to Receive Content that Matters
Get the SPE information and content that's relevant to you. Visit our preferences center and subscribe to email updates for Products, Services, and Events.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
SPE to Launch a New Data Science Publication
Using and understanding complex data is rising to the top of the required competencies in oil and gas jobs of all kinds. SPE will launch Data Science and Digital Engineering in Upstream Oil and Gas in January 2019, cutting through the noise to give you a deeper understanding of data collection, analysis, interpretation, manipulation, management, storage, and application.
Opt in to the monthly DSDE
e-newsletter and start receiving it when the website launches.
This web page disseminates relevant regional information to Mexican, South American and Caribbean SPE members.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.