South America and Caribbean
Board Meeting RecapSami Alnuaim
The SPE Board of Directors meeting was recently held in Cairo. My intent is to share important information with our members after each meeting.
As SPE, and the industry, emerge from the downturn, one of the Board’s most important topics of discussion was financial. I am pleased to report that SPE is once again looking healthy financially.
From Regional Director Cesar Patiño
Sustainability, one of the drivers in our region, aligns with SPE’s worldwide initiative by SPE President Sami Alnuaim to ensure the oil and gas industry meets the world’s energy needs in a manner that protects the environment.
In our region, we are working diligently to meet these requirements. We are implementing the philosophy of “Citizen Engineer” to fulfill sustainable development in our communities. Together with National Oil companies (NOC) and International oil companies (IOC), we are integrating a clean thinking into our operations and processes. Our region is equipped with opportunities for members like you to be part of our sustainability challenge.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
SPE Online Education: Take Yourself to Greater Depths
Explore your technical knowledge right from your computer with SPE webinars, online training courses, and videos. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics.
SPE Workshop on Enhanced Oil Recovery
EOR is an important step in the full life cycle planning and development of mature fields and heavy oil fields in order to optimize operational economics and improve recovery.
Led by Executive Chairman Jose Luis Massaferro, YPF, and Program Chairperson Rodrigo Dalle Fiore, Ecopetrol, and Eugenio Ferrigno, YPF the SPE Workshop: EOR–The Obligatory Way to Optimize Mature Fields, taking place 29–30 May in Mendoza, Argentina, will cover the latest advances in optimizing operational economics and improving recovery in mature fields
Monitoring and Evaluation of Social Investment
This paper presents the findings of a research project and the content of IPIECA’s “Practitioner Note on Monitoring and Evaluation of Social Investment.”
SPE Certification & PE License: New Online Exam Review Course
Expand your opportunities and education by obtaining the SPE Petroleum Engineering Certification or PE license. We have updated the 2013 version of the exam review course with new content and simple navigation. The revised course prepares you for new content recently added to the exam.
What do SPE members around the world have in common? And how are they different?
Now Available: The SPE International App
The New SPE International App allows you access to SPE anytime, anywhere. It has many great benefits: access to our widely used OnePetro® and PetroWiki® platforms, the latest content from SPE magazines and publications which you can tailor to your preferences, and global networking opportunities through SPE Connect.
SPE's Newest Web-Based Technical Content Resource— Industry Interviews!
Industry Interviews are 30-minute voice-only dialogues with experts about their personal and professional experiences in the oil and gas industry. Recorded live, but archived and available on-demand, these interviews are ready at your convenience even when you are pressed for time.
SPE’s Virtual Career Pathways Fair is looking for volunteers
SPE International is calling for volunteers to participate in our first Virtual Career Pathways Fair! This exciting new opportunity will be an online version of our physical Career Pathways Fair. During this event, we are looking for virtual moderators who can encourage and engage discussion in networking forums. We are also looking for volunteers to give advice on what it is like to do their job in the industry and how people who want to follow your footsteps can best prepare.
Continue to Receive Content that Matters
Get the SPE information and content that's relevant to you. Visit our preferences center and subscribe to email updates for Products, Services, and Events.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
To sign up for the JPT Unconventional Insights newsletter, please provide your name and email address here.
Special Offer From SPE Bookstore
Save 15% on all books published in 2017 or prior*. Enter HAPPYNEWYR19 during checkout.
SPE members can use this discount to get 65% off list price! Visit store.spe.org.
*This offer expires on 28 February 2019 and is for individual use only.
Help Us Keep You Informed
This web page disseminates relevant regional information to Mexican, South American and Caribbean SPE members.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 156,000 members in 154 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.