South America and Caribbean
“I want to create conversations not only on the current and future image of our industry and the pride our work deserves, but also in the context of the accountability and responsibility that this pride imposes,” he said. “We can be proud of our contributions and doing the right things - but we bear the responsibility to do things right.”
Petroleum Resources Management System - 2018 Update
The Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) is a system developed for consistent and reliable estimation of hydrocarbon resources that our SPE Technical Committee and the Oil and Gas Reserves Committee have been supporting and periodically making revisions to since 1965.
Our Latin America and Caribbean region has contributed to the 2018 updates. We have been involved with government reporting, financial institutions, and securities regulations resulting in a series of guidelines for our industry values that are based on reserves, contingency, and prospective resources.
I invite you to continue to advance your expertise by reading the latest copy of the PRMS.
Cesar Patiño, Ecopetrol
SPE Regional Director
Do you know someone who deserves recognition for outstanding work in the E&P industry?
SPE is now accepting nominations for outstanding work in the E&P industry.
Take this opportunity to help nominate your colleagues for the recognition they deserve.
The International awards deadline is 15 February 2019, and the Regional awards deadline is 1 March 2019.
2018 Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) Now Available
Two Generations. One Society. One Bright Future for Our Industry.
Fernando L Benalcazar, Chairperson, Ecuador Section
Juan Fernando Benalcazar, Student, University of Tulsa Chapter
Congratulations to the 2018 PetroBowl® Champions, UNAM SPE Student Chapter!
It was a loud and passionate final match for the 2018 PetroBowl® Championship at ATCE. Ultimately, the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) SPE student chapter won the 2018 PetroBowl championship, defeating the Lousiana State University team.
This is the fourth year in a row that a team from Latin America has won the Petrobowl® Championship. UNAM previously won in 2017 and 2015, and the Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro won in 2016. Before 2015, all winning teams came from American Universities.
Join us in congratulating the students and learn more about UNAM chapter.
Now Accepting Nominations for the OTC Brasil Distinguished Achievement Award
Do you know an individual or company that has made a significant technological, humanitarian, environmental, or leadership contribution to the offshore industry?
Don't miss this chance for them to be recognized by OTC.
Submit a nomination now!
Distinguished Achievement Award for Individuals
Distinguished Achievement Award for Companies, Organizations, and Institutions
These achievements are truly significant contributions to the offshore sector. View past recipients.
Mark your calendar for the OTC Brasil Distinguished Achievement Awards Luncheon, taking place 30 October in Rio de Janeiro. This event provided an excellent opportunity for E&P leaders to network with colleagues.
Together for the First Time: LACPEC and the International HSE Conference
A new conference date and more information about the call for papers will be announced soon.
SPE is offering two premier events for the price of one!
By co-locating these two conferences, attendees will have access to both technical programs and a shared exhibit floor.
Plan to attend these conferences 17–19 March 2020 in Bogotá, Colombia!
Sponsorship opportunities to reach these diverse audiences are now available. Contact us for details.
Don't Miss the SPE Workshop: Advances in EOR/IOR Technologies
14–16 November 2018 | Manta, Ecuador
This workshop is an excellent venue for professionals looking to further develop their technical knowledge on EOR/IOR technologies, mature fields, optimizing operations, and reducing costs. The event’s goal is to promote the development of tools to facilitate the decision-making process and the feasibility of using proven technologies to increase recovery.
Attendees qualify for 2.0 SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU).
Registration includes housing.
Do you know someone who is an authority in his or her field and an experienced public speaker?
If so, help us identify the best lecturers for your region and discipline for the 2020–21 SPE Distinguished Lecturer season by nominating them for the SPE Distinguished Lecturer program.
The nomination deadline is 15 March 2019.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Watch the video to find out what our members are saying about the benefits of being an SPE member.
Continue to Receive the Content that Matters
Get the latest SPE information and content relevant to you. Visit our preferences center and subscribe to email updates for Products, Services, and Events.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.