South America and Caribbean
The Circular Economy
The developed world must no longer tolerate the buildup of mountains of waste while other places in the world, especially in underdeveloped countries, lack access to energy, food, clean water, and clean air.
Regional Director's message
Sustainability, one of the drivers in our region, aligns with SPE’s worldwide initiative by SPE President Sami Alnuaim to ensure the oil and gas industry meets the world’s energy needs in a manner that protects the environment.
In our region, we are working diligently to meet these requirements. We are implementing the philosophy of “Citizen Engineer” to fulfill sustainable development in our communities. Together with National Oil companies (NOC) and International oil companies (IOC), we are integrating a clean thinking into our operations and processes. Our region is equipped with opportunities for members like you to be part of our sustainability challenge.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Celebrate Industry Pride at Two Premier Conferences
SPE is co-locating LACPEC and the International Conference on HSE and Sustainability, 17–19 March 2020 in Bogotá, Colombia. It is a unique opportunity to be inspired by topics that enrich your commitment and professional pride.
SPE Certification & PE License: New Online Exam Review Course
Expand your opportunities and education by obtaining the SPE Petroleum Engineering Certification or PE license. We have updated the 2013 version of the exam review course with new content and simple navigation. The revised course prepares you for new content recently added to the exam.
Nominate Startups for
ATCE Confernece Awards
To enter the competition at the Calgary, Alberta, Canada, event companies must apply by 12 July. There is no fee to apply or compete.
What do SPE members around the world have in common? And how are they different?
OTC Names 2019
Spotlight Award Winners
The Spotlight on New Technology® awards recognized 15 innovative technologies, and allows companies to showcase the latest advances in offshore exploration and production.
Brasil conference seeks technology nominees
The conference's Spotlight on New Technology® Awards allow exhibitors to feature the best in indsustry-leading innovation.
In Their Professional Opinion
Industry Interviews are 30-minute voice-only dialogues with experts about their personal and professional experiences in the oil and gas industry. Recorded live, but archived and available on-demand, these interviews are ready at your convenience even when you are pressed for time.
Free HSE and Sustainability Paper Biweekly
To further knowledge-sharing in the HSE and Sustainability sector, SPE’s HSE Technical Section offers select papers for free to SPE members.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
To sign up for the JPT Unconventional Insights newsletter, please provide your name and email address here.
Help Us Keep You Informed
This web page disseminates relevant regional information to Mexican, South American and Caribbean SPE members.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 156,000 members in 154 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.