South America and Caribbean
Thank you, it's been a great ride!
Wow. One hundred twenty-four speeches and counting, 39 countries visited, millions of excited volunteers (estimated from good feeling that I have had).
Petroleum Resources Management System - 2018 Update
The Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) is a system developed for consistent and reliable estimation of hydrocarbon resources that our SPE Technical Committee and the Oil and Gas Reserves Committee have been supporting and periodically making revisions to since 1965.
Our Latin America and Caribbean region has contributed to the 2018 updates. We have been involved with government reporting, financial institutions, and securities regulations resulting in a series of guidelines for our industry values that are based on reserves, contingency, and prospective resources.
I invite you to continue to advance your expertise by reading the latest copy of the PRMS.
Cesar Patiño, Ecopetrol
SPE Regional Director
Save Up to 20% on SPE Online Courses
Buy your education for the year through SPE’s new bulk purchase option for online training courses. The more you purchase, the greater the discount, plus everyone receives member pricing. Log-in and learn more about the new bulk purchase option.
SPE online training courses provide on-demand access on a wide variety of topics.
2018 SPE Outstanding Student Chapter Award Recipients Announced
Forty SPE student chapters across the world have won the 2018 Outstanding Student Chapter Award. The award recognizes chapters whose programs, activities, and levels of participation distinguish them from other chapters.
The Outstanding Student Chapter award will be presented to the winning chapters during the Student Awards Luncheon at the 2018 SPE ATCE to be held 24–26 September in Dallas, Texas.
See award recipients and learn more about SPE student chapters.
Making Gender Diversity a Reality in the Oil and Gas Industry
Big! That’s how SPE Women in Energy Committee Chair, Nihal Mounir of Advantek International, describes the movement SPE has initiated to support women.
Despite the great strides made toward gender equality over the last century, there are still areas where women are under-represented in the workforce of the oil and gas industry. Therefore, the SPE Board of Directors approved a standing committee to address this crucial issue. Read more.
SPE Announces the 2018 Recipients of the Legends in Artificial Lift Awards
2017 SPE President, Janeen Judah of Chevron, will conduct the awards presentation honoring the recipients of the Legends in Artificial Lift Awards during the SPE Artificial Lift Conference and Exhibition-Americas, 28-30 August 2018.
Continue to Receive the Content that Matters
Get the latest SPE information and content relevant to you. Visit our preferences center and subscribe to email updates for Products, Services, and Events.
ATCE 2018 Focuses on Effective Use of Data Analytics
E&P companies are exploring ways to effectively use big data to enhance operations. To help industry professionals, SPE is also focusing on digital transformation at the Annual Technology Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) 2018, taking place 24–26 September in Dallas, Texas.
Register by 20 August to save USD 100 on full conference registration.
Plan to Attend the SPE Workshop: Advances in EOR/IOR Technologies
14–16 November 2018 | Manta, Ecuador
This workshop is a popular option for professionals looking to further develop their technical knowledge on EOR/IOR technologies, mature fields, optimizing operations, and reducing costs.
Deciding between exploration and EOR projects as a method to find more oil can cause a dilemma. The workshop’s goal is to promote the development of tools to facilitate the decision-making process, and the feasibility of using proven technologies to increase recovery.
Attendees qualify for 2.0 SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU). Learn more.
Watch2019 SPE President, Sami Al-Nuaim, shares why he became an engineer and how engineers impact the world.
Join. Renew. Belong.
We're energy. We're international. We're networking. We're thought leaders. #WeAreSPE.
Watch the video to find out what our members are saying about the benefits of being an SPE member.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to Mexico, South America, and Caribbean SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 158,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.