South America and Caribbean
Strengthening the Quality of SPE’s Technical Content
Our Society has a wealth of technical content, and it is rapidly growing.
Regional Director's message
Sustainability, one of the drivers in our region, aligns with SPE’s worldwide initiative by SPE President Sami Alnuaim to ensure the oil and gas industry meets the world’s energy needs in a manner that protects the environment.
In our region, we are working diligently to meet these requirements. We are implementing the philosophy of “Citizen Engineer” to fulfill sustainable development in our communities. Together with National Oil companies (NOC) and International oil companies (IOC), we are integrating a clean thinking into our operations and processes. Our region is equipped with opportunities for members like you to be part of our sustainability challenge.
Help Us Keep You Informed
This web page disseminates relevant regional information to Mexican, South American and Caribbean SPE members.
Ecopetrol and Schlumberger to Chair SPE Co-located Events in Colombia
Felipe Bayón, Ecopetrol and Carlos Sarmiento, Schlumberger are serving as Chairpersons of LACPEC and the International HSE and Sustainability Conference respectively. Along with Shauna Noonan, 2020 SPE President and Fuzzy Bitar, IOGP Chairperson, they will participate in the Opening Ceremony to celebrate the start of two exceptional SPE events.
Join us on 17–19 March, 2020, at Ágora Convention Center in Bogotá, Colombia to connect with an esteemed lineup of speakers and with fellow industry peers from across all E&P disciplines.
Register today and get inspired by topics that enrich your commitment and professional pride.
Register Early and Save USD 200! Signing up for one event provides access to both.
Energizing Our Lives and Fueling Progress
Consistent with our 2018 Strategic Plan, SPE has created a site for telling the important stories about how our industry is having a positive impact on people’s lives. Energizing Our Lives is a new section on SPE.org but soon will be a standalone website. It will bring together articles, videos, podcasts, and more from SPE and other sources. It will also feature posts from our new Fueling Progress blog, where we plan to feature stories of how our members and their companies have made a difference.
Volunteer Translators Sought
We are looking for members who are proficient in another language to help translate glossary terms, articles, and papers from English into other languages. Opportunities include:
OTC Brasil Fifth Edition Attracts More Than 15,000 to Rio de Janeiro
The event held at the SulAmérica Convention Center in the heart of the city of Rio de Janeiro focused on the changing conditions of the Brazilian gas market, exploration and production in ultra-deep waters of the pre-salt province, and the impact of the digital revolution on the offshore sector.
Read the highlights and see the photos from the event
JPT Regional News: Argentina's YPF Adopts Data Science to Improve Operations
YPF’s data analytics experts are eagerly seeking partnerships with oilfield operations experts who can help blend elegant data analysis with the messy reality of oil production.
Read the complete JPT article.
Free HSE and Sustainability Paper Biweekly
To further knowledge-sharing in the HSE and Sustainability sector, SPE’s HSE Technical Section offers select papers for free to SPE members. Download them.
Student Chapter Spotlight
As part of an SPEcares initiative, SPE Student Chapter - Universidad Nacional del Centro del Perú visited the Nor Yauyos-Cochas Landscape Reserve in Perú and planted greenery throughout the area to encourage environmental awareness and improve the local ecosystem. Learn more about SPE Chapters.
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 156,000 members in 154 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.