The Society of Petroleum Engineers encourages open and objective sharing of information on technical and professional subjects pertinent to the interests of SPE members.
Links to SPE.org from SPE websites
(SPE Sections, Student Chapters and Other SPE Official Units)
- All SPE section, chapter, and other official unit websites should contain a prominent link to the SPE website, preferably from some portion of the home page of the website.
- This link may be made using the official SPE logo, or may be hyperlinked text, such as “Society of Petroleum Engineers” or “Society of Petroleum Engineers website.” See the SPE Graphics Standard on proper use of the logo.
Links to SPE.org from non-SPE websites
SPE welcomes links from websites of other industry-related organizations with the following conditions:
- Links to SPE.org
- Links to the SPE home page are acceptable without notification to SPE
- Links to the SPE home page may not be included on the home page of any non-SPE website without written permission from SPE
- No commercially oriented text or graphics may be associated with the link to SPE.org
- Links may not imply any SPE endorsement or sponsorship of the entity providing the link or any of the entity’s products or services
- Links must be in a clearly identified “links” area of the non-SPE website (where other organizations’ websites are also linked)
- Links may use the SPE logo or be in the form of hypertext saying “Society of Petroleum Engineers”
- Links to SPE.org should open in a new browser window
Links to content on SPE.org
- Links to publicly available content on the SPE.org website are acceptable without notification to SPE
- Links to any content that requires a login for access are not allowed
- Links to any SPE.org content may not be used to imply SPE endorsement or sponsorship of the entity providing the link or any of the entity’s products or services
- Hypertext links to content on SPE.org must clearly identify the content of the link, preferably with identification of SPE or Society of Petroleum Engineers as part of the link text
- Content on the SPE website may not be enclosed in frames; it is preferable that links to SPE content open in a new browser window
- Content on pages within SPE.org and URLs to content on SPE.org may change at any time. Any links to content within SPE.org should be reviewed regularly to assure that the links are still active and point to the intended content
For links to the websites of individual SPE sections or student chapters, please contact the section or chapter to determine whether they require permission for linking.
The following description of SPE and its purpose may be useful to organizations seeking to include a description with a link to SPE. Use of this description is not required for linking to SPE.org:
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 164,000 members in 143 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources at www.spe.org.
Links to non-SPE websites from SPE.org
SPE generally does not engage in reciprocal linking (i.e., trading links), and requests for reciprocal linking will be ignored. If you would like to request a link to your site from SPE.org, please review our existing links and provide an explanation of how your site is consistent with the existing links and why it should be added.
Links on SPE.org will not include any commercially oriented text or graphics with the exception of sponsors (of SPE events or portions of the SPE website) and paid advertising. [For information about advertising on SPE.org, contact the SPE Sales Manager]
Links to other sites are added at the discretion of SPE, and SPE reserves the right to remove links to any other websites at any time. Objections to any links on SPE.org or any of its subsidiary sites are to be directed to the SPE Web Content Manager.