Become an Ambassador Lecturer
If you are an SPE Member and a young professional (under 36 years old), you are eligible to become an Ambassador Lecturer. While some presentation experience is good to have, it is not required—this should be a chance for you to develop and enhance your skills.
To become a registered volunteer, simply apply by finding the “Ambassador Lecturer” position in the Volunteer Opportunities page. All submissions are vetted before approval. Once part of the SPE League of Volunteers you will receive volunteer appreciation points for the lectures you give.
If selected as a lecturer
- You can download the online resources to help with your presentation.
- SPE can put you in contact with the local section and/or school to arrange logistics for your visit.
- SPE will submit your name to local schools and chapters in your region when a lecturer is requested.
As a lecturer, you will
- Create a 30-45 minute presentation (slide templates available) covering these themes:
- Your career development from graduation to the present
- Promotion of the industry
- How SPE has helped your career
- Give the presentation as arranged with the school or university.
- Register your event via the Lecturer Feedback Survey.
Once a lecture has been completed, the lecturer is required to complete the Lecturer Feedback Form, so that the lecture can be recorded to our international records and be considered for the ALP Awards, please take a moment to complete this short survey. We value your feedback.
If multiple visits have been completed, you can also email the following details:
- Lecturer details (name, email address, SPE membership number)
- Name and location of school/university
- Date of visit
- Approximate attendance
- Contact of organizer at school or university
Please email us if you have any questions.