Are you a member age 35 or younger? Then you've found your community here at SPE.
SPE’s YP programs help you connect more closely with peers and mentors,
acquire professional and soft skills, and gain insights to advance your career.
You've earned a free year of SPE membership!
If you want to get involved, but aren't sure where to start — just contact us for help!
Educational and Networking Opportunities
Engage the next generation of oil and gas professionals! The Ambassador Lecturer Program invites Young Professionals to present and share their experiences with local SPE chapters, universities, and schools.
Career Pathways Fair
The Career Pathways Fair gives you a chance to meet with specialists from multiple disciplines and gain insight into possible career paths. Held several times throughout the year, this event provides students, recent graduates, and Young Professionals an opportunity to speak with experienced professionals in an informal environment. Email us to find out more.
- Attending ATCE 2022? Join us for the Career Pathways Fair on Tuesday, 4 October!
Gain industry insights and practical career advice from experienced professionals through the eMentoring program. Young Professionals also have the unique opportunity to serve as mentors to students.
Emerging Leaders Alliance
The Emerging Leaders Alliance is a partnership among leading engineering and science-based organizations that provides high-quality leadership training. For 2022, the Emerging Leaders Alliance are hosting a physical event in Pittsburgh, Pa., USA. SPE offers 7 spaces to this training course, including accommodation costs covered. Applications have now closed. For any questions, please contact the Young Member Programs Team at email@example.com
League of Volunteers
Give back to SPE and the industry with the League of Volunteers! Opportunities are available for Young Professionals to participate, run, and develop various soft skills events such as communication skills workshops and team building exercises.
Spotlight on Young Professionals shares your achievements
“Spotlight on Young Professionals” allows members to share voluntary contributions and technical achievements. Submit your story today for a chance to be featured in YP Newsflash section of The Way AheadTM. All submissions will be reviewed by the Young Member Engagement Committee.
Young Professional Summit
The Young Professional Summit is a partnership event with petroleum, energy and geology Membership Societies organized by YPs representing each of the member societies involved (SPE, AAPG, EAGE and PESGB). This Summit takes place in the Europe and addresses the concerns of YPs, provide career, political, and technological updates, and provide networking opportunities across the energy sector.
Young Professionals Video Resources
Hear from speakers around the globe sharing technical knowledge aimed at Young Professionals.
YP Video Library
Learn from SPE experts and industry professionals on Career Essentials, Industry Overviews, and Regional Insights.
More SPE Opportunities for Young Professionals
- Find out if your section has a Young Professional Committee and grow your connections in your region
- Get published in one of our peer-reviewed journals and be considered for the Cedric K. Ferguson Young Technical Author Medal
- Nominate your colleague for a Regional or International Young Member Outstanding Service Award
- Enhance your career through SPE’s Petroleum Engineering Certification program
- Volunteer with SPE’s Energy Education program, Energy4me
- Take control of your professional development and identify your knowledge gaps through SPE’s Competency Management Tool, a free tool for members
- Join our Young Professional Community on SPE Connect to discuss and share information with other young professionals
- For questions on any of the programs shown here, email us.
Young Member Engagement Committee
The Young Member Engagement Committee (YMEC) ensures young professional and student engagement remains a top priority for SPE. YMEC members play a crucial role in developing and implementing valuable programs and activities for SPE young members worldwide.